The purpose of this qualification is to prepare learners for further learning or training and to develop knowledge and skills in the subject area. The qualification is designed to provide learners with a broad introduction to the childcare sector, equipping learners with knowledge and skills specific to the sector, alongside a range of transferrable employability skills. The qualifications are designed to support progression to further learning and ultimately to work in health and social care, adult care, child care or other related sectors.
The qualification covers a number of sectors and have multiple assessments available at Entry 3, Level 1 and Level 2. Units for employability skills are common across this specification, which enable easy transfer of credits between qualifications and supporting opportunities for cross-faculty working.
The qualification has been developed by a number of educational supporters and has been designed to be consistent with study programmes for 16-19 year olds but are also suitable for smaller qualifications, for adults including the unemployed. This qualification is also suitable for pre-16 learners.
This qualification is offered at the following level(s) in our centre:
- 3 months to 6 months
- Classes will be held 2 times a week
Awarding Body: Gateway
Qualification Code: 600/8827/8
Guided Learning hours: 196
Examples of units that you can do from this qualification are:
- Respecting and Valuing Children
- Working in Early Years Settings
- Planning for the Physical Care Needs of Children aged 0-3 years
- Practical Health and Safety when with Young Children
- Contraception Information
- Meeting the Development Needs of Young Children
- Responsibilities of New Parents
- Effective Communication in the Workplace
- Using ICT in the Workplace
- Exploring and Presenting Enterprise Ideas
- Applying for a job
- Career Progression
- Interview Skills
- Effectiveness at Work
- Preparing for Work Placement
- And more…
At level 1, no formal entry qualifications are required. Instead, the candidate must not have a full qualification(s) at Level 3 or higher (in order to be eligible for funding)
All applicants will undergo initial assessment in Literacy and Numeracy
Places will be offered following a satisfactory interview. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course:
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 2 apprenticeship in childcare
- Level 2 Young people and adults course
- Level 2 certificate/diploma in Childcare
- Level 2 certificate/diploma in Skills for Childcare
- Level 2 Child Development and Care, Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Employment in the childcare sector or related (health and social care)
- Nursery nurse, assessor, nursery manager, teacher, nursery assistant, practitioner and so on.
The course is government funded, making it free. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us for more details.
If you have any queries, please let us know on our Contact Us page.
How to Apply
‘If you would like to apply for a course, give us a call, email or fill out a form under our ‘Contact Us’ page. You can also pay us a visit in person. Our address can be found below. We look forward to hearing from you!
You may also like…
For Gateway Certificate in Skills for ChildCare