The qualification is aimed to provide learners with a broad introduction to the business and administration sector, equipping learners with knowledge and skills specific to the sector, alongside a range of transferrable employability skills. The qualifications are designed to support progression to further learning and ultimately to work in business and administration or other related sectors.
The qualification covers a number of sectors and have multiple assessments available at Entry 3, Level 1 and Level 2. Units for employability skills are common across this specification, which enable easy transfer of credits between qualifications and supporting opportunities for cross-faculty working.
The qualification has been developed by a number of educational supporters and has been designed to be consistent with study programmes for 16-19 year olds but are also suitable for smaller qualifications, for adults including the unemployed. This qualification is also suitable for pre-16 learners.
This qualification is offered at the following level(s) in our centre:
- 3 months to 6 months
- Classes will be held 2 times a week
Awarding Body: Gateway
Qualification Code: 600/8824/2
Guided Learning hours: 191
Examples of units that you can do from this qualification are:
- Effective Communication in the Workplace
- Working in Business and Administration
- Using ICT in the Workplace
- Using Office Equipment in a Business Environment
- Business Organisation Structure
- Exploring and Presenting Enterprise Ideas
- Working as an Administrator
- Applying for a job
- Career Progression
- Interview Skills
- Effectiveness at Work
- Preparing for Work Placement
- And more…
At level 1, no formal entry qualifications are required. Instead, the candidate must not have a full qualification(s) at Level 3 or higher (in order to be eligible for funding)
All applicants will undergo initial assessment in Literacy and Numeracy
Places will be offered following a satisfactory interview. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course:
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Employment in the business and administration sector or related
The course is government funded, making it free. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us for more details.
How to Apply
‘If you would like to apply for a course, give us a call, email or fill out a form under our ‘Contact Us’ page. You can also pay us a visit in person. Our address can be found below. We look forward to hearing from you!
You may also like…
For Gateway Certificate in Skills for Business and Administration