Employability skills are skills necessary for getting a job and being successful in it. Employability skills is about teaching you the skills and attitudes that enable employees to get along with their colleagues, to be able to make critical decisions and gain thinking skills, and to develop yourself into a respectable person within the workplace through the example you set.
The course consists of a number of activities and includes personal and social development, preparation for work and work experience. As part of the course, you will also be given the opportunity to improve your literacy and numeracy skills.
By the end of this qualification, you will become knowledgeable, confident and prepared for employment, or, instead, to continue studying at a college or higher level.
This qualification is offered at the following level(s) in our training centre:
-3 months to 6 months
-Classes will be held 3 times a week
For Level 2, the answers will need to be written or answered at a higher level compared to Level 1 but the units/subjects studied will be relatively the same such as:
- Understanding Mindset
- Understanding Motivation
- Managing your time
- Career Planning and Job Applications
- Effective skills
- Qualities/attitudes for learning and work
- Communicating with others and teamwork skills in the workplace
- Job search/interview skills
- Functional Skills Literacy L1/2
- Functional Skills Numeracy L1/2
At Level 1, no formal entry qualifications are required. Instead, the candidate must not have a full qualification at Level 3 or higher.
At Level 2, four GCSEs at grade E (grade 2) or above (to include maths and English), or successful completion of any suitable Level 1 qualification (e.g. Level 1 Certificate in Employability Skills). The candidate must also not have a full qualification at Level 3 or higher.
All applicants will undergo an initial assessment in literacy and numeracy.
Places will be offered following a satisfactory interview. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area.
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course:
- NCFE Level 2 Award or Certificate in Employability Skills (if you completed the qualification at Level 1)
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration (this is available if you are 19, making you eligible for a 19+ loan)
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Customer Service (this is available if you are 19, making you eligible for a 19+ loan)
- Employment in a wide range of sectors like business, customer service, team leading and management
The course is government funded and is free. Terms and conditions apply. Please contact us for more details.
How to Apply
‘If you would like to apply for a course, give us a call, email or fill out a form under our ‘Contact Us’ page. You can also pay us a visit in person. Our address can be found below. We look forward to hearing from you!
You may also like…
For NCFE Certificate in Employability Skills