Do you enjoy meeting, talking and working with other people?
Are you keen to encourage equal opportunities?
Do you have an interest in finding out about human behaviour?
Health and social care is one of the largest employment sectors in the UK and opportunities are buoyant.
This course will give you an understanding of how health and social care services work. You will learn about the care needs of a wide range of people of all ages and from all backgrounds and will be able to put your new skills into practice during your work placement.
On completion of this programme you will have a nationally recognised qualification which can lead to a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. Some students may decide they wish to specialise in other care-related areas such as childcare and can discuss these options at interview.
Level 2 Diploma in Care
6 months to 1 year
Topics you will cover include :
- Human Lifespan development
- Effective Communication in Health & Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Child Development and Observation
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Health & Social Care Values
- Creative & Therapeutic Activities
- Equality & Diversity
- Social Influences on Health & Wellbeing
- Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work.
- 4 GCSEs at grade E (grade 2) or above (to include maths and English), or successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 1 qualification
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
There are various opportunities for further study or employment upon successful completion of your course:
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care
- Level 3 Diploma in Child care- Early years Educator (Progression to both of these is dependent on you obtaining a Distinction overall at Level 2)
- Nurse Cadets
- Teaching Assistants
- Health Care Assistant/Nursing Auxiliary
- Medical Secretary
- Nanny/Au Pair
- Domiciliary Care
Aged 16 - 24 years: This course is available under an apprenticeship. There is no fee to be paid by the apprentice. Employers may be required to contribute a small amount to the Apprentice’s training. For more details please refer to link below about the Apprenticeship Levy.
For privatised learners age 19+: £800 Tuition Fee | £65 Materials Fee | £135 Registration/examination Fee
Please Note: that costs are subjective to change.
If you have any queries, please let us know on our Contact Us page.
How to Apply
‘If you would like to apply for a course, give us a call, email or fill out a form under our ‘Contact Us’ page. You can also pay us a visit in person. Our address can be found below. We look forward to hearing from you!
You may also like…
For NCFE Diploma in Care